Hiding Events on Your Criminal Record

If you have a misdemeanor or felony record, the circumstances regarding your case are probably public information and, therefore, widely accessible. There are many companies that use this information to their benefit. 

Our firm handles cases where we obtain non-disclosures, a unique court order, granted to prohibit clients’ information from being sold to third parties. Once a non-disclosure is granted, you can legally deny that you have been arrested for the offense.

How Can I Get a Non-Disclosure?

A non-disclosure may be granted if you have satisfactorily completed a deferred adjudication probation, but this does not guarantee an automatic approval. There are other factors that the statute governing non-disclosures take into consideration. In addition, some types of offenses are not eligible for a non-disclosure as a matter of law.

Is There a Time Period Involved with Filing for a Non-Disclosure?

Anyone who has received a felony case and has completed their deferred adjudication probation must wait a period of five years. Anyone who has received a misdemeanor who has completed their deferred adjudication can immediately petition, unless their offense falls under the two-year waiting period clause.

The Law Firm of Kevin B. Ross, P.C. works to represent your best interests through careful evaluation and fair recommendations. There are instances where we do not feel that the court will grant a non-disclosure, and we are honest in our legal opinions to make sure you fully understand the reasons why and any steps you can take to position yourself for a non-disclosure in the future.

For more information on how we can assist in helping you obtain a non-disclosure, reach out to our team at The Law Firm of Kevin B. Ross, P.C.